In this course, students will continue their learning on the foundations of report writing with Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder and SSRS. The focus will be on report creation by connecting to a database and manipulating the data for presentation including: creating parameter reports, creating list reports, adding complex expressions to reports, adding images and subreports to reports, adding drilldown and drillthrough functionality, and adding sparklines, data bars, and indicators to reports. Report Builder 3.0 is available for Microsoft SQL Server versions 2014, 2012, and 2008 R2.
- Familiarity with Windows.
- Creating and navigating folders.
- Opening programs.
- Manipulating windows.
- Copying and pasting objects.
- Formatting text.
- Saving files.
- Microsoft Office Access 2013: Level 1 or have equivalent experience with basic database concepts.
- Course 55123: Writing Reports with Report Builder and SSRS Level 1
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The primary audience for this course is persons who are new to reporting with Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder and SSRS, persons who are transitioning from another reporting software application and persons who are existing Report Builder and SSRS report authors. The secondary audience for this course is persons who are using Report Designer (SSRS). Course participants may be business analysts, programmer analysts, data analysts, database administrators, or IT professionals and may or may not have experience with Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder and SSRS, programming (Visual Basic), and/or Transact-Structured Query Language (T-SQL) experience.
- Parameter Reports
- List Data Regions
- Enhancing Reports with Complex Expressions
- Enhance Reports with Images and Subreports
- Drilldown and Drillthrough Reports
- Sparklines, Data Bars, and Indicators