This course provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to use PowerShell for System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) administration. In this course, students learn how to access the PowerShell cmdlets included with SCCM 2012 R2 and use them to perform configuration tasks for a primary site. Individual cmdlets will be used in working with objects such as Boundaries, Boundary Groups, Collections, Software Deployment, Patching, Compliance Settings, OSD Task Sequences, and many others. Basic scripting will also be covered so that students can learn how to put PowerShell to use when working with large sets of objects.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- Conceptual knowledge of Configuration Manager objects and how they interact.
- Basic experience performing configuration tasks in ECM using the graphical console.
- Experience working from a command prompt.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of Windows PowerShell.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for IT professionals who need to manage the day-to-day environment of an SCCM 2012 SP1 or newer environment. Knowledge of the workings of a standalone primary SCCM site and basic PowerShell experience is recommended.
- Review of System Center Configuration Manager Concepts
- Managing Resources
- Working with Clients
- Distributing Software
- Updating Systems with WSUS and SCCM
- How PowerShell Can Manage Compliance Settings
- Configuring Operating System Deployment Objects
- Working at the Site Level
- Security and Monitoring
- Using PowerShell Scripting to Automate SCCM Tasks