This five-day instructor-led course provides students who manage SQL Server and Azure SQL databases with the knowledge and skills needed to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. The material will also be useful to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases. This material updates and replaces course 20764C.
Students who attend this training should have experience using applications on Windows Servers and experience working with SQL Server or another RDMS.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- SQL Server Security
- Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
- Backing Up SQL Server Databases
- Restoring SQL Server Databases
- Automating SQL Server Management
- Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Monitoring SWL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended Events
- Monitoring SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- Importing and Exporting Data