This five-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who need to learn how to use SSIS to build, deploy, maintain, and secure Integration Services projects and packages, and to use SSIS to extract, transform, and load data to and from SQL Server. This course is similar to the retired Course 20767-C: Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse but focuses more on building packages, rather than the entire data warehouse design and implementation.
Students for this course should possess:
- Working knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server Agent jobs is helpful, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
- SSIS Overview
- Working with Solutions and Projects
- Basic Control Flow
- Common Tasks
- Data Flow Sources and Destinations
- Data Flow Transformations
- Making Packages Dynamic
- Troubleshooting and Package Reliability
- Deploying to the SSIS Catalog
- Installing and Administering SSIS
- Securing the SSIS Catalog