This 5-day classroom-based course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking. Although this course and the associated labs are written for Windows Server 2022, the skills taught will also be backwards compatible for Server 2016 and Server 2019. The course and labs also focus on how to administer Windows Server using not only the traditional tools such as PowerShell and Server manager, but also Windows Admin Center.
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience working with Windows Server
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers and switches
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and wireless networking
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing and name resolution
- Experience with and knowledge of virtualization
- Hands-on experience working with the Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for IT professionals who have some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a single course that provides insight into core and advanced networking technologies in Windows Server. The audience typically includes.
- Network administrators who are looking to reinforce existing skills and learn about new networking technology changes and functionality in Windows Server.
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to gain core and advanced networking knowledge and skills on Windows Server.
- Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing IPv6
- Implementing DNS
- Implementing and managing IPAM
- Remote access in Windows Server
- Implementing DirectAccess
- Implementing VPNs
- Implementing networking for branch offices
- Configuring advanced networking features
- Implementing Software Defined Networking