This five-day course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. In this five-day course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimize Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Although this course and the associated labs are written for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager and Windows 11, the skills taught will also be backwards compatible with previous editions of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows 10.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS and Android Mobile device platforms.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
- Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Analyzing data using queries, reports, and CMPivot
- Preparing the Configuration Manager management infrastructure
- Deploying and managing the Configuration Manager client
- Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Deploying and managing applications
- Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- Implementing Defender Protection for managed PCs
- Managing compliance and secure data access
- Managing operating system deployment
- Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- What’s new in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager