This five-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who wish to use the Transact-SQL language to query and configure Microsoft SQL Server. Students are typically database developers and database administrators, but might also be Business Intelligence developers, report creators, or application developers. In this course, students learn how to query single tables, join data from multiple tables, filter and sort data, modify data, use procedures and functions, and implement error handling.
- Basic understanding of relational databases.
- Basic Windows knowledge.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for novice database developers, database administrators, Business Intelligence developers, report creators, and application developers who have an understanding of relational database concepts and have basic Windows navigation skills.
- Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Joining tables with Transact-SQL
- Filtering and sorting results
- SQL Server data types
- Inserting, updating and deleting data
- Using SQL Server functions with Transact-SQL
- Aggregating data with Transact-SQL
- Implement subqueries with Transact-SQL
- Create queries that use table expressions
- Use UNION, INTERSECT, EXCEPT and APPLY on multiple sets of data
- Implement window functions in queries
- Use PIVOT and grouping sets in queries
- Use stored procedures in queries
- Implement programming features in Transact-SQL
- Add error handling to queries
- Use transactions in queries