This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to upgrade their SQL Server 2000 database administration (DBA) skills to SQL Server 2008 DBA skills. Please note that there is no certification exam related to this course.
Before attending this course, students must have experience developing or administering SQL Server 2000 databases.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for IT professionals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases.
- Describe the new features of SQL Server 2008
- Plan for a SQL Server 2008 installation, upgrade, and migration
- Understand SQL Server data types
- Manage SQL Server 2008
- Secure a SQL Server 2008 database
- Prepare for and recover from potential database disasters
- Maintain availability to their SQL Server data even through server downtime
- Configure replication of SQL Server 2008 databases
- Implement policy-based management
- Monitor database activity
- Monitor and manage database performance.