Loading Course Schedule...
This five-day instructor-led course teaches the features and technologies of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to IT professionals who have specialist skills in working with Windows Server 2003 technologies. For students with the appropriate skillset, the course facilitates accelerated learning of Windows Server 2008 and covers features and technologies up to and including Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1.
Before attending this course, students should have the following technical knowledge: Either MCSA or MCSE certification in Windows Server 2003Students who do not hold either of these qualifications should have the following: Experience in planning, implementing, managing, maintaining, and securing Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, Terminal Services, and Internet Information Services (IIS) Working knowledge of networking, such as TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS) Experience in installing, configuring, and administering Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The audience for this course is IT Professionals who wish to upgrade their existing Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) skills on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, and who also plan to take the following upgrade exams 70-648, TS: Upgrading your MCSA on Windows Server 2003 to MCTS on Windows Server 2008Or 70-649, TS: Upgrading your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 to MCTS on Windows Server 2008While the course is specifically targeted at the students who are certified as outlined earlier and are planning to take the upgrade exams listed above, the course may also be of benefit to IT professionals who do not hold an MCSA or MCSE on Windows Server 2003, but do have extensive experience with Windows Server 2003 and wish to update those skills to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2008
- Server Management in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring Networking and Network Services
- Configuring Network Policy Server and Remote Access services
- Configuring and Managing Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing Group Policy in Active Directory Domain Services
- Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services
- Configuring Active Directory Identity and Access Solutions
- Installing and Configuring Remote Desktop Services
- Managing Remote Desktop Services
- Installing and Configuring Web Servers and Applications with Internet Information Services
- Configuring Storage Technologies in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring High Availability in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring Virtualization in Windows Server 2008