Loading Course Schedule...
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and R2 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
Before attending this course, in addition to their professional experience, students must have:-At least one year experience operating Windows Servers in the area of account management, server maintenance, server monitoring, or server security.-Certification related to the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Networking Fundamentals, Security Fundamentals, and Windows Server Administration Fundamentals designations, or equivalent knowledge as outlined in course 6420B: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008.-A+, Server+, hardware portion of Network+, or equivalent knowledge.-Working knowledge of networking technologies.-Intermediate understanding of network operating systems.-Basic knowledge of Active Directory.-An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (for example, corporate policies).-Basic knowledge of TCP/IP.-Basic knowledge of scripting tools such as PowerShell and WMI.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Candidates for this course are information technology (IT) professionals who work in medium to large organizations. The primary candidate is a Windows Server administrator who operates Windows Servers on a daily basis and who requires the skills for configuring, managing, and maintaining servers installed with Windows Server 2008, including the Release 2 (R2) edition. Candidates are typically responsible for day-to-day management of the server operating system and various server roles such as DHCP, DNS, file and print services, directory services, and software distribution. This course may also be considered in combination with other exam preparation materials for candidates wishing to prepare for MCTS and MCITP certification in Windows Server 2008.Other candidates for this course include IT Pros with skills within other IT areas or operating systems who wish to gain an insight into Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Overview of the Windows Server 2008 Management
- Managing Windows Server 2008 Infrastructure Roles
- Configuring Access to File Services
- Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
- Managing File Resources by Using File Server Resource Manager
- Configuring and Securing Remote Access
- Managing Active Directory Domain Services
- Configuring Active Directory Object Administration and Domain Trust
- Creating and Managing Group Policy Objects
- Using Group Policy to Configure User and Computer Settings
- Implementing Security Settings Using Group Policy
- Providing Efficient Network Access for Remote Offices
- Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2008
- Managing Windows Server 2008 Backup, Restore, and Recovery