This course covers three central elements of Microsoft 365 enterprise administration – Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, Microsoft 365 management, and Microsoft 365 identity management. In Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, you will examine all the key components that must be planned for when designing your Microsoft 365 tenant. Once this planning phase is complete, you will learn how to configure your Microsoft 365 tenant, including your organizational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, and security groups. Finally, you will learn how to manage your tenant, which includes the configuration of tenant roles and managing your tenant health and services. With your Microsoft 365 tenant now firmly in place, you will examine the key components of Microsoft 365 management. This begins with an overview of Microsoft 365 product functionality, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Power Platform, and device management. You will then transition to configuring Microsoft 365, with a primary focus on configuring Office client connectivity. Finally, you will examine how to manage user-driven client installations of Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise deployments. The course concludes with an in-depth examination of Microsoft 365 identity synchronization, with a focus on Azure Active Directory Connect. You will learn how to plan for and implement Azure AD Connect, how to manage synchronized identities, and how to implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multi-factor authentication and self-service password management. This section wraps up with a comprehensive look at implementing application and external access. You will learn how to add and manage applications in Azure Active Directory, including how to configure multi-tenant applications. You will then examine how to configure Azure AD Application Proxy, including how to install and register a connector and how to publish an on-premises app for remote access. Finally, you will examine how to design and manage solutions for external access. This includes licensing guidance for Azure AD B2B collaboration, creating a collaborative user, and troubleshooting a B2B collaboration.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed a role-based administrator course such as Messaging, Teamwork, Security and Compliance, or Collaboration.
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 role-based administrator certification paths.
- Plan your tenant in Microsoft 365
- Plan your on-premises infrastructure for Microsoft 365
- Plan your identity and authentication solution for Microsoft 365
- Plan your supporting infrastructure for Microsoft 365
- Plan hybrid requirements for your Microsoft 365 deployment
- Plan your migration to Microsoft 365
- Configure your Microsoft 365 experience
- Manage user accounts and licenses in Microsoft 365
- Manage groups in Microsoft 365
- Add a custom domain in Microsoft 365
- Configure client connectivity to Microsoft 365
- Configure administrative roles in Microsoft 365
- Manage tenant health and services in Microsoft 365
- Deploy Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Analyze your Microsoft 365 workplace data using Microsoft Viva Insights
- Explore Exchange Online as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator
- Explore SharePoint Online as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator
- Explore Microsoft Teams as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator
- Explore Microsoft Power Platform as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator
- Create apps as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator with Power Apps
- Create flows as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator with Power Automate
- Create reports and dashboards as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator with Power BI
- Create chatbots as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator with Power Virtual Agents
- Explore identity synchronization
- Prepare for identity synchronization to Microsoft 365
- Implement directory synchronization tools
- Manage synchronized identities
- Manage secure user access in Microsoft 365
- Implement applications in Azure AD
- Configure Azure AD Application Proxy
- Explore solutions for external access