Acquire the skills to make your data protection strategy successful with the Veritas NetBackup 8.0: Administration course. You will learn advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, application backups on physical and virtual machines, virtual machine accelerator backups, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database backups.
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Reviewing NetBackup Concepts
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- Preparing for Disaster Recovery
- Performing Disaster Recovery
- Optimizing NetBackup Deduplication
- Managing NDMP Backups
- Application Backup Concepts
- Managing Oracle Backups
- Managing Microsoft SQL Backups
- Managing Microsoft SharePoint Backups
- Managing Microsoft Exchange Backups
- Enhancing Virtual Machine Protection
- Securing the NetBackup Environment
- Implementing NetBackup Cloud Solutions