The three-day NIST Cybersecurity Bootcamp course is a combination of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) Foundation and Practitioner Training courses. The bootcamp provides a deep dive into the components of the NIST CSF and NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and how they align to risk management. The course will follow the principles of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework to design and implement (or improve) a cybersecurity program to protect critical assets. The bootcamp details defense in depth, creation of a Written Information Security Program, and implementing ongoing assessments for a continuous improvement plan. This course is suited for individuals working with and overseeing the cybersecurity of an organization, including CIOs, CISOs, IT Security workforce, and IT Directors/Managers/Personnel.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Basic computing skills and security knowledge will be helpful.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is suited for individuals working with and overseeing the cybersecurity of an organization, including CIOs, CISOs, IT Security workforce, and IT Directors/Managers/Personnel.
- Course Introduction
- The Basics of Cybersecurity
- ::A Holistic Study of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Cybersecurity Activities: The Framework Core
- Risk Management Considerations: Framework Implementation Tiers
- Current and Desired Outcomes: Framework Profiles
- A Primer on the Seven Step Framework Implementation Process
- Risk Management in the NIST CSF and NIST RMF
- Real World Attacks
- The Components of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Defense in Depth and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Assessing Cybersecurity in the Subcategories
- Creating a Written Information Security Program
- A Practitioner’s Deep Dive into Creating or Improving a Cybersecurity Program