In the NCSF Ransomware Risk Management course you will learn how to take the outcomes of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and apply them directly in securing your organization against the scourge of ransomware. Whether you’ve been using the NIST CSF for years, or if you’ve never heard of it, this course is for you. The only requirement is that you need to get clear direction on best practices to integrate defenses against ransomware into your cybersecurity program. Guidance for ransomware management in this course comes directly from the NIST CSF and supporting informative references.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Basic computing skills and security knowledge will be helpful.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is a great fit for anyone who is directly or indirectly responsible for keeping your organization safe from ransomware. IT and Security leadership and staff, CIOs, CISOs, and related roles would all benefit from the combination of business and technical guidance in this course.
- Course Introduction: General information about the course.
- The Ransomware Challenge: An explanation of the challenges related to ransomware. This module also discusses methods and technologies organizations commonly use to manage ransomware risk with or without the NIST CSF.
- Ransomware Defined
- Common Preventative Activities
- Common Recovery Preparations
- Overview of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework: An overview of the history and components of the NIST CSF. ::This module is foundational to understanding the Ransomware Profile and gives a broader understanding of the NIST CSF.
- Uses, Benefits, and Attributes of the Framework
- Framework Component Introduction
- The Ransomware Profile: A detailed look at the NIST CSF Profile for Ransomware Risk Management. This module covers all the Framework functions, categories, and subcategories included in the Ransomware Risk Profile. It also includes explanations for each and a review of the associated Informative References.
- Overview of the NIST CSF Core
- Purpose of the Ransomware Profile
- The Ransomware Profile