The purpose of this course is to update the content of Course 3108 (Novell ZENworks 10.3 Configuration Management Administration) to match the Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management version of the product. It teaches students the concepts, processes, and architecture of Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management that are required core knowledge for anyone who plans to administer ZCM 11 or any integrated or related ZENworks products.
This course is for intermediate to advanced administrators. Students should have a basic understanding of and experience with ZENworks 10 fundamentals and should already be familiar with resource management. In addition, a basic understanding of networks and networking (such as the knowledge required for the CompTIA Network+ certification) is required and students should be familiar with the fundamentals of an LDAP-compliant directory service (such as Novell eDirectory or Microsoft Active Directory). Some experience with fundamental Linux administration will also be helpful.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is ideal for those who have solid ZENworks experience and who want to learn about and implement the new features of ZENworks 11. The audience for this course includes a diverse group of professionals: ZENworks system administrators, integrators and engineers Networking consultants Reseller and partner technical-support staff
- Describe Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management
- Install Primary Server Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management
- Discover, Deploy, and Register Devices for ZENworks Configuration Management
- Manage Software Packaging for Distribution
- Manage ZENworks Bundle
- Manage ZENworks Content
- Configure ZENworks Configuration Management Policies
- Configure Remote Management
- Image Computers with ZENworks Configuration Management
- Manage Inventory and Data Collection