This course enables entry-level networking professionals to perform common administrative tasks using software tools and utilities provided by Novell. Learn to install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and perform tasks often required of employees who provide front line support for medium-sized to large networks. This course introduces you to the networking solutions that make Novell a world leader in enterprise infrastructure software.
Students should have a fundamental knowledge of networking technologies such as those in Fundamentals of Networking (Novell Course 3003 v2) or the CompTIA Network+ Certification.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for network administrators and other network management professionals who have little or no experience with Novell products and services who are hoping to become familiar with the products and services Novell offers. Those pursuing the Novell Certified Administrator (NCA) - Enterprise Services certification should also take this course.
- Introduction to Novell networking
- Introduction to Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Introduction to Novell services
- Understanding Novell eDirectory
- Configuring eDirectory rights
- Managing users
- Introduction to Novell GroupWise 7
- Understanding networking tools and utilities
- Introduction to Novell ZENworks Configuration Management
- Understanding network security
- Introduction to Novell Identiy Manager 3.x