Novell ZENworks Configuration Management features a unique policy-based approach to automate software setup, updates, healing and desktop migration in your enterprise. Through policy-based automation, you can reduce IT efforts, relax IT skill requirements and optimize the value of your IT assets. The key to using Novell ZENworks Configuration Management is to understand what policy-based administration is and how to make it work to your advantage. This course provides you with knowledge and skills you need to install, configure, and perform basic administrative tasks with the product.
Students should have a basic understanding of the network and networking (as introduced in the CompTIA Network+ certification). In addition, you should be familiar with the fundamentals of administering Novell eDirectory.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course targets: -Novell software system administrators, integrators, and engineers-Networking consultants -Reseller/partner technical support staff -New Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management customersEstablished Novell software administrators with no ZENworks 10 experience can take this course if they are already familiar with using eDirectory (and related tools such as iManager) and have some experience administering products such as ZENworks Desktop Management.New Novell customers tasked with evaluating or administering Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management can also attend but should have a basic familiarity with Novell eDirectory, Microsoft Active Directory, and Windows Server 2003
- Installing Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Registering Workstations
- Managing Discovery Deployment
- Configuring Remote Management
- Configuring Software Packaging
- Understanding Software Bundling
- Managing Software Distribution
- Configuring Management Policies
- Imaging Computers with Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
- Managing Data and Inventory Collection
- Using Reporting in Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management