NET is a revolutionary advance in programming technology that greatly simplifies application development. Microsoft's popular Visual Basic programming language has been upgraded to take advantage of the new .NET features. Visual Basic .NET, or simply VB.NET, has become a full object-oriented programming language with capabilities comparable to C++, Java, and Microsoft's new language C#. This course is a practical introduction to programming in VB.NET and the use of services provided by .NET. It emphasizes the VB.NET language and how to build VB.NET applications from an object-oriented perspective. Previous knowledge of Visual Basic is not essential. The course is current to .NET 2.0, which introduces important new features, such as generic types and partial classes. It is designed so that it can be run with either .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0.
The student should have some programming experience.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for programmers.
- Gain an understanding of the .NET architecture
- Gain a working knowledge of the Visual Basic programming language
- Learn how to build object-oriented applications using Visual Basic .NET
- Learn how to implement Windows desktop applications using Windows Forms, including programs that interact with databases
- Gain a working knowledge of generic types and other new features in VB.NET 2.0.
- .NET What you Need to Know
- Fundamentals of VB.NET Programming
- Control Structures
- Advanced Data Types
- Exception Handling
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Windows Forms
- User Interface Features
- Interacting with Databases Using Windows Forms
- New Features in VB.NET 2.0