OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation (OPS/MVS) gives organizations the ability to simplify mainframe management through user-defined automation policies to meet business objectives. This foundational course introduces Operators, Admins, and SYSPROGS to OPS/MVS.
- A basic understanding of TSO or ISPF
- Proficiency in coding TSO/E, NetView REXX, or other REXX skills
- SLQ knowledge (helpful but not required)
- Completion of the following web-based training courses:
- (06OPS10020) Components Release Overview 100
- (06OPS20020) OPSVIEW TSO User Interface Overview 200
- (06OPS20140) OPS/REXX Basics and Build-in Functions
2.5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Operators. Administrators, and Systems Programmers.
- Using OPSVIEW
- OPSLOG Navigation
- Understanding OPSPARMS
- Working with Global Variables
- Using the Operator Server Facility (OSF)
- Using OPS/REXX