The emphasis of this class is on database backup and recovery concepts. Much attention is given to the use Recovery Manager (RMAN), however, many of the concepts associated with the use of RMAN are applicable to manual backup and recovery strategies. Students will learn the architecture of Recovery Manager and the essential Recovery Manager commands. Flashback features are described as an additional way to recover from human error. Workshops serve to reinforce and expand upon topics presented during lectures.
Students should have taken the Oracle 10g Database Administration course before attending.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Database Administrators responsible for an Oracle database.
- Backup and Recovery Essentials
- Configuring for Recoverability
- Recovery Manager Architecture
- Using RMAN to Create Backups
- Using RMAN to Perform Recovery
- Using Oracle Flashback Technologies
- Using RMAN to Create a Duplicate Database
- Oracle Secure Backup Overview
- User-Managed Backups (An alternative to RMAN)
- User-Managed Recovery (An alternative to RMAN)