Loading Course Schedule...
This Oracle course will describe the components of Oracles’ Data Guard tool. This training covers the differences between the physical and logical databases and the overall architecture of Data Guard. This course will continue to build your skills through learning how to backup an Oracle data guard environment, implementing a failover and switchover, and utilizing data guard with flashback database technology as well as RMAN commands.
Familiarity with Oracle computing or IT infrastructure is desired.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is appropriate for anyone needing to learn key features of Database Disaster Recovery. It is suitable for Database Administrator, Network Administrators, System Administrators and Developers.
- Data Guard Components
- Data Guard Transport Method
- Differences between Failover and Switchover
- Data Guard Framework
- Data Guard Broker Configuration
- Defining Gap Resolution
- Defining Protection Modes
- Operating System Requirements
- Manually Creating a Physical Standby Database
- Physical Standby Database and Grid
- Logical Standby Database
- Using Grid to Create a Logical Database
- Flashback Database and Data Guard
- Backing up in a Data Guard Environment
- Grid and Failover
- Data Guard and Switch Over
- Grid and Switch Over
- Define Fast Start Failover
- Failover Client
- Define a Snapshot Standby Database
- Oracle Active Data Guard
- Managing Data Guard Components
- Upgrading databases with Data Guard