This course is for Oracle 7 application developers migrating to and interested in taking advantage of the new features in Oracle's newest server product, Oracle 8. Through lecture and hands-on workshops, the student will learn to implement and utilize Oracle 8's newest features including support for an object-relational database. This course provides a detailed review of OO concepts, collections, PL/SQL objects, new data types, and large object support. In addition, architectural changes and migration issues will also be covered.
The student should have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of developing Oracle 7 database systems. It is required that the student has taken a Building Complete Database Systems with Oracle 7 course or have equivalent experience.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Oracle 7 application developers, Oracle 7 application designers, Oracle 7 programmers/analysts, and Oracle 7 technical support personnel.
- Oracle enter the object-oriented paradigm
- Laying the foundation for object-relational design
- Oracle 8 object-relational features and architecture
- Oracle 8 object and data storage features and architecture
- The oracle 8 new datatypes
- Enhancements to Oracle 8 parallel and distributed features
- Oracle 8 memory architecture and data dictionary