Application Express is Oracles lightweight database-centric web development tool that can be used to easily create small, simple web applications. It is ideally suited for the developer coming from the Oracle Forms/Reports world that wants to learn to develop a web application from scratch. It is equally useful for data managers that would like to move their data (and applications) from a single user environment such as a spreadsheet or Microsoft Access application to database repository. It provides great functionality for managing the database structures and actual data within an Oracle database.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
3 Days Lecture/Lab
- Introduction to Oracle APPLICATION EXPRESS version 3.0
- APPLICATION EXPRESS Functionality
- Using SQL Workshop
- Application Builder Basics
- Working with Pages, Regions and Templates
- Modifying the Application User Interface
- Page Processing
- Shared Components and Development Practices
- Session State
- Security Implementation and Deployment
- APEX Workspace Administration