Loading Course Schedule...
This course provides the information for database administrators to become fully responsible for ongoing Oracle database operations, backup, recovery, tuning and using advanced features of the Oracle database. The first 2-day segment provides in-depth understanding of backup and recovery concepts, backup set-up, and using RMAN in practical backup and recovery scenarios. The remaining 2 days cover advanced administration tasks such as understanding the Oracle self-tuning database approach, utilizing the Oracle scheduler, controlling resource utilization through Resource Plans, comprehensive coverage of the various Flashback technologies, Oracle support for multi-national/lingual functionality and using Automatic Storage Management.
SQL and PL/SQL or comparable experience is required. Knowledge of routine database administration tasks is recommended. Students without database administration experience will likely struggle with this class.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Oracle database administrators.
- Course Overview and Introduction
- Securing the Listener
- Overview of Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Configuring RMAN
- Backing up Using RMAN
- Recovering From Non-Critical Crashes
- Database Recovery
- Flashback Database
- Recovering User Errors
- Handling Block Corruption
- Automatic Workload Repository (AWR)
- Automatic Database Diagnostic Manager (ADDM) and the Advisor Framework
- Database Resource Management
- The Scheduler
- Globalization Support
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)