In this course students will clearly define the various methodologies one can use to tune an Oracle Database. The course covers the various components of an Oracle Database where potential performance bottlenecks could occur and how to monitor and tune them. Throughout the course, students experience hands-on exercises in tuning a database.
Oracle Database Administration or Oracle DBA experience.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
Oracle Database Administrators (DBAs).
- Database Tuning Overview
- Database Architecture
- Automatic Memory Management (AMM and ASMM)
- Tuning the Shared Pool
- Tuning the Buffer Cache
- Tuning PGA and Temporary Space
- Checkpoint and Redo Tuning
- Tuning Block Space Usage
- Statistics and Wait Events
- The Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) and the Advisory Framework
- Additional SQL Tuning Topics
- Oracle 18c New Features
- Miscellaneous Tuning Tips