This foundation course provides for the installation of Oracle on VMware and customizing it for a particular environment. This class will cover the architecture and function of each layer of Oracle, VMware and Linux. This course includes hands-on labs and workshops where the student can become familiar with Oracle, VMware and Linux.
Working knowledge of Oracle 11gR2 database and some experience of VMware is highly recommended.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This class is designed for the DBA, system administrator, developer, storage administrator or technical consultant who wishes to learn how to implement, monitor and administer Oracle in a VMware environment for maximum performance.
- Overview of Physical Infrastructure
- Overview of Virtual Infrastructure
- Overview of Linux Kernel
- Overview of the Oracle Architecture
- Configuration of Oracle on VMware vSphere
- Administration of Oracle on VMware
- Monitoring Oracle on VMware
- Troubleshooting Oracle on VMware