Loading Course Schedule...
This course teaches basic topics in Solaris system administration. The operating system will be Oracle Solaris 11. This course prepares the student for the Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Certification Exam (1Z0-821), including the Upgrade to Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Exam (1Z0-820).
It is assumed that the student has an understanding of UNIX. Students must be familiar with basic UNIX commands, and the VI editor. The Solaris fundamentals course or an equivalent Unix SVR4 fundamentals course is recommended before taking this course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for those wanting to learn basic topics in Solaris system administration.
Overview of the Solaris 11 Operating Environment
- System Startup and Shutdown Procedures – SPARC-Based Systems
- System Startup and Shutdown Procedures – x86/x64-Based Systems
- GRUB – Grand Unified Bootloader (x86/x64 platform)
- Service Management Facility (SMF)
- Install the Solaris 11 Software
- Manage and Updating Software with IPS
- Manage Solaris 11 Boot Environments (BE)
- Administer Storage Devices
- Administer ZFS Filesystems
- Administer Oracle Solaris Zones
- Administer the Solaris Network Environment
- System Security
- Administering User Accounts
- Control System Processes
- Backup and Recovery
- Monitoring System Logs and Crash Recovery Files
- Perform Basic Troubleshooting