Loading Course Schedule...
The El Capitan 10.11 Bootcamp is a combined delivery of the Apple authorized El Capitan 101 and the El Capitan 201 courses. The OS X Support Essentials 10.11 Exam is included with the class. This hands-on course provides an in-depth exploration of functionality and troubleshooting on OS X and the best methods for effectively supporting users of OS X systems. This course also gives technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses OS X Server. Students learn how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing and authentication. Tools for efficiently managing and deploying OS X and software updates are also covered. The 201 portion of this course is not sponsored or authorized by Apple Inc.
Prior to taking this course, students should have OS X knowledge and basic computer navigation skills.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is ideal for:Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, technical support personnel, service technicians, technologyspecialists, power users, teachers, and others who support Mac users in education or business organizationsTechnical coordinators, teachers, or power users who manage computer networks or computer labs that run OS X
- The troubleshooting process and how to become more efficient with available tools and resources
- Mac OS X v10.11 features in depth, including how to find additional information
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional certification
- The features of Server 5 for OS X
- How to configure essential services on Server for OS X
- How to use Server for OS X tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
- Effective use of Server for OS X to manage a small network of Macintosh computers and users
- How to manage access to files and services