The Power Platform empowers organizations to automate business processes, develop their own rich app experiences, and connect with customers better and faster. In this course, students will learn to perform discovery, capture requirements, engage subject matter experts and stakeholders, translate requirements, and configure Power Platform solutions and apps. They will supplement their learnings with hands-on labs to create application enhancements, custom user experiences, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and custom visualizations. Power Platform is comprised of four key products: Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Virtual Agents. In this course, we will cover these four applications in depth, with additional focus on Microsoft Dataverse (formerly Common Data Service), AI Builder, connectors, and portals.
- Experience as an IT professional or student
- Working knowledge of the Power Platform and its key components
- A knowledge of Microsoft Dataverse (or general data modeling) and security concepts
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
A Power Platform Functional Consultant is responsible for performing discovery, capturing requirements, engaging subject matter experts and stakeholders, translating requirements, and configuring Power Platform solutions and apps. The Functional Consultant implements components of a solution that include application enhancements, custom user experiences, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and custom visualizations.
- Introduction to the Power Platform
- The Functional Consultant role
- Work with Dataverse
- Make Power Apps
- Build Power Automate flows
- Work with Power Virtual Agents
- Analyze data with Power BI