Learn about the process of planning and designing relational and non-relational databases on Amazon solutions. This course will help you learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our non relational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
We recommend that attendees of this course have previously completed the following AWS courses:
- AWS Database Offerings digital training
- Data Analytics Fundamentals digital training
- Architecting on AWS classroom training
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Data platform engineers, Database administrators, Solutions architects, and IT professionals.
- Apply database concepts, database management, and data modeling techniques
- Evaluate hosting databases on Amazon EC2 instances
- Evaluate relational database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift) and their features
- Evaluate nonrelational database services (Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ::ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB) and their features
- Examine how the design criteria apply to each service
- Apply management principles based on the unique features of each service