This course provides an in-depth review of the business analysis knowledge, skills, and tasks as discussed in the PMI business analysis standard Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide. The material within this course provides a solid overview of the activities commonly performed by those fulfilling the business analysis role on programs and projects. The content of this course is fully aligned to the definition of the business analysis practice as detailed within the role delineation survey completed for PMI in 2013. The course is intended to prepare students who are interested in taking the PMI-PBA® exam
Before taking this course, students should fulfill the Project Management Institute (PMI®) requirements for business analysis and general project experience. We recommend students read about these requirements in PMI-PBA® Handbook.
- A separate application to take the PMI-PBA® examination is required. We recommend that participants begin their PMI-PBA® application before taking this course, although it is not necessary.
- We recommend students read the PMI-PBA® Handbook and PMI-PBA® Examination content outline prior to the course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Practitioners who have been performing business analysis for at least three years Certification prospects who are planning to take the PMI-PBA® exam in the next 3-6 months Students who desire to learn more about the PMI-PBA® certification exam and process Any Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP®) considering obtaining a BA certification from PMI
- The PMI-PBA® Certification Process
- Foundation Concepts
- Business Analysis Overview
- Needs Assessment
- Business Analysis Planning
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements Analysis
- Traceability and Monitoring
- Solution Evaluation
- Preparing for the Exam