This course provides an in-depth review of the business analysis knowledge, skills, and tasks as discussed in the PMI business analysis standard Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide. The material within this course provides a solid overview of the activities commonly performed by those fulfilling the business analysis role on programs and projects. The content of this course is fully aligned to the definition of the business analysis practice as detailed within the role delineation survey completed for PMI in 2013. The course is intended to prepare students who are interested in taking the PMI-PBA exam.
Before taking this course, students should fulfill the Project Management Institute (PMI®) requirements for business analysis and general project experience. We recommend students read about these requirements in the PMI-PBA®Handbook.
- A separate application to take the PMI-PBA® examination is required. We recommend that participants.
- We recommend students read the PMI-PBA® Handbook and PMI-PBA® Examination Content Outline
- For maximum preparation value, students should be prepared to take the PMI-PBA®exam within 3 months of completing the prep course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for:Practitioners who have been performing business analysis for at least three yearsCertification prospects who are planning to take the PMI-PBA exam in the next 3-6 monthsStudents who desire to learn more about the PMI-PBA certification exam and processAny Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) considering obtaining a BA certification from PMI
- Business Analysis Overview
- The PMI-PBA Certification Process
- Needs Assessment
- Business Analysis Planning
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements Analysis
- Traceability and Monitoring
- Solution Evaluation
- Studying Techniques
- Preparing for the Exam