This five-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in furthering their skills in Windows PowerShell and constructing of tools and scripts that enhance administration and automation. The course assumes a basic working knowledge of PowerShell as an interactive command-line shell, and teaches students the correct patterns and practices for building reusable, tightly scoped tools and scripts for admin and automation purposes.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience at basic Windows administration
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to query and modify system information
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to discover commands and their usage
- Experience using WMI and/or CIM to query system information
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for administrators in a Microsoft-centric environment who want to build reusable units of automation, automate business processes, and enable less-technical colleagues to accomplish administrative tasks.
- Review PowerShell Toolmaking
- Professional-Grade Toolmaking
- Controller Scripts and Delegated Administration
- The Data Connection
- Seriously Advanced Toolmaking
- PowerShell 7 Scripting