Loading Course Schedule...
An important part of DevOps for developers is bringing production to their desks. In doing so, developers can design, code and test using the real thing. Of course, the data values will not be real, but the technologies used in production will be the same. Developers who know about Docker containers for their application deployment, also need to understand and work with Kubernetes, the container orchestration tool, and Kafka for event processing. In this training, participants will learn about the enterprise services of Kubernetes along with the messaging patterns supported by Kafka. With these technologies, the course will cover how to design and build enterprise applications deployed as a suite of microservices. To enhance the learning experience, the course is highly interactive with a mixture of lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises. Learn about production DevOps patterns and solutions working with containerized microservices deployed to Kubernetes and served by Kafka’s event streaming platform.
- Programming experience is assumed.
- Hands on experience with Golang, git, and VSCode is essential.
- Practical knowledge of DevOps, Docker, Jenkins and microservices required.
- Taught in the “Introduction to DevOps for Developers” course Experience with Linux is an asset.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for programmers who are familiar with DevOps using Docker and Jenkins and need to learn to develop modern enterprise applications using Kubernetes and Kafka.
- Overview of modern cloud based enterprise applications
- Container to container communication
- Messaging patterns and Kafka
- Transaction compensation using Kafka