Professional WordPress is targeted to developers, with advanced content that exploits the full functionality of the most popular CMS in the world. Fully updated to align with WordPress 4.1, this course has updated examples with all new screenshots, and full exploration of additional tasks made possible by the latest tools and features. You will gain insight into real projects that currently use WordPress as an application framework, as well as the basic usage and functionality of the system from a developer's perspective. Key features of this course include detailed information and real-world examples that illustrate the concepts and techniques at work, plus code downloads and examples accessible through the companion website. The content of this course focuses on real world application of WordPress concepts that extend beyond the current WordPress version. WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing, and has grown to be the largest self-hosted website platform in the world. This class helps you use WordPress efficiently, effectively, and professionally, with new ideas and expert perspectives on full system exploitation.
- Get up to speed on the new features in WordPress 4.1
- Learn cutting edge uses of WordPress, including real-world projects
- Discover how to migrate existing websites to WordPress
- Understand current best practices and tools in WordPress development
There are no prerequisites for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for developers wanting to learn the most current and proper methods for developing and designing in WordPress.
- First Post
- Code Overview
- Working with Wordpress Locally
- Tour of the Core
- The Loop
- Data Management
- Custom Post Types, Custom Taxonomies, And Metadata
- Plugin Development
- Theme Development
- Migrating to Wordpress
- Crafting a User Experience
- Securing Wordpress
- Application Framework
- Wordpress in the Real World
- Wordpress Developer Community