This course will help you make the transition to solid project leadership. Project Management Boot Camp teaches you the concepts and techniques necessary to manage a project. This seminar closely follows the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide) and shows how to apply these best practices to any size project. While this course is in alignment with the PMBOK Guide, it is not a PMP Preparation course. The purpose of this course is to help attendees understand how to use the standard PMI processes to actually manage a project.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This program will be useful to people who are asked to lead projects. Whether you are currently a project manager and want an overview of key project management practices, or whether you are soon to become a project manager (some shops call them "leads"), this course will be of great benefit. It is particularly applicable to those who have general project management experience, but want more exposure to project management best practices.
- Introduction and fundamentals of managing a technical project
- Using the PMI processes on various SCDLC types and Agile projects
- Scope and Risk management
- Time and Schedule management
- Human resources, Leadership, Communications and Stakeholder management
- Procurement and Cost management
- Quality and Integration management