Many organizations are turning to project management to help them plan and control their businesses. As a result, project management is recognized as one of the fastest growing professions today. However, in many Information Technology organizations the project management duties fall to the business analyst. This course provides the basics for project management by introducing essential project management concepts and methods of the IT professional. Through discussion, workshops and real world examples, participants learn how to Identify project components, organize them effectively and control the project from the earliest steps of developing the project charter through the final steps of a project - documenting lessons learned.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Business Analysts, Project Leads and Project Managers and Managers.
- Understand and articulate the importance of project management in IT projects
- Clearly define project objectives
- Create a project Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop a manageable project schedule
- Understand the importance of communication to the project success
- Use tools and techniques to manage a project during execution