In this course, students use QuarkXPress to layout professional quality single and multiple-page documents that include text and graphics, and are designed for professional printing and publication.
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer's operating system. Students should also have basic word processing skills, such as copying and pasting text, formatting type, and so on.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for professional and prospective layout designers and technicians with any level of experience, but with little or no experience using QuarkXPress, who need to learn to use QuarkXPress to lay out publications.
- Create a single-page document containing text and graphics.
- Create the structure for a multiple-page layout to prepare it for adding content.
- Typeset text in a multiple-page document.
- Create tables to hold text and graphics.
- Enhance the readability of a layout.
- Prepare a layout for handoff to a printing vendor for commercial output.
- Creating a Basic Single-Page Document
- Structuring a Multi-Page Document
- Presenting Text and Graphics in Tables
- Enhancing a Publication's Readability
- Finalizing a Document for Commercial Printing