This course introduces basic querying techniques with IBM Cognos' Query Studio. Topics include Studios, IBM Cognos Connection, designing simple queries, grouping, filters, prompts, charts, calculations, formatting reports, conditional formatting running reports, and more. The course format includes lecture, instructor-led exercises and independent workshops.
A basic knowledge of Windows, Internet Explorer, and browser techniques is expected.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This class is designed for Report authors and consumers who will create simple ad hoc queries and run reports using Query Studio.
- Overview of IBM Cognos 10
- Overview of IBM Cognos Connection Components
- Introduction to Query Studio
- Sorting and Grouping
- Introduction to Crosstabs and Charts
- Filters & Prompts
- Subtotals & Calculations
- Formatting and Conditional Formatting
- Run and Manage Reports