The course covers the basics of database development and then moves into an easy-to-understand, step-by-step, detailed presentation of how to work with Transact-SQL.
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of the Transact-SQL language which is used by all SQL Server-related disciplines. Students should have familiar with
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The targeted audience for this course is Database Administrators, Database Developers and BI professionals.
- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server
- Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Writing SELECT Queries
- Querying Multiple Tables
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Working with SQL Server Data Types
- Using DML to Modify Data
- Using Built-In Functions
- Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Using Subqueries
- Using Table Expressions
- Using Set Operators
- Using Windows Ranking, Offset, and ::Aggregate Functions
- Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Executing Stored Procedures
- Programming with T-SQL
- Implementing Error Handling
- Implementing Transactions