This three day course is designed for system administrators responsible for deploying and administering multiple Kubernetes cluster distributions with SUSE Rancher. The course begins with an introduction to SUSE Rancher and its architecture. Students will then learn how to access SUSE Rancher’s updated graphical user interface. During the course an existing Kubernetes cluster will be registered and a new RKE cluster will be provisioned with SUSE Rancher and Kubernetes cluster administrative activities will be introduced. The course also covers Kubernetes cluster management and hosted Kubernetes provider’s deployments in the public clouds. The course includes presentations about the provisioning and administration capabilities of SUSE Rancher and extensive hands-on experience with lab exercises. This course prepares students for the SCA in SUSE Rancher 2.6 exam.
An understanding of Kubernetes objects and resources is needed for this course. This knowledge can be gained through the KUB201v1.2: Kubernetes Administration course. Linux command line experience is helpful.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for system administrators and other persons responsible for provisioning and administering Kubernetes clusters with SUSE Rancher.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Rancher
- Cluster Management with SUSE Rancher
- User Management with SUSE Rancher
- Template Management with SUSE Rancher
- Application Management with SUSE Rancher
- Continuous Delivery with SUSE Rancher
- Logging and Monitoring with SUSE Rancher
- Security Tools with SUSE Rancher
- SUSE Rancher Shell Access
- Backup and Restore with SUSE Rancher