Cluster computing is becoming more and more popular today and Linux leads the way with relatively inexpensive solutions. Whether it's for High Availability or Load Balancing, the Red Hat Cluster Management Suite provides several different program options for creating and managing a cluster system from two nodes to 16 nodes. Navigating through the myriad of complex configurations and strategies is a daunting task and requires a substantial amount of familiarity with the technical procedures. This course provides such familiarity. It combines intense lectures with challenging hands-on lab exercises to help the participant gain the knowledge required to make the right choices for building and managing a Linux cluster system.
Experience in Linux system administration, especially with Red Hat Linux, is beneficial for this class.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
Experienced Red Hat Linux system administrators who need to acquire the skills necessary to create and manage a Linux cluster system using the Red Hat Cluster Suite software.
- System Cluster Concepts
- Red Hat Linux Cluster Suite Overview
- Configuring a Red Hat Linux Cluster Using system-config-cluster
- Configuring a Red Hat Cluster Using Conga
- RHEL Cluster Suite CLI
- The Red Hat Global File System 2 (GFS2)
- The Cluster Logical Volume Manager (CLVM)
- Global Network Block Devices (GNBD)
- Linux Virtual Server (LVS)