Results-based management (RBM) is everyone’s business. This two-day workshop will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to lead and/or support RBM in your organization. You will be introduced to an RBM approach that integrates strategic and operational planning, performance measurement, risk management and cost management, while achieving an appropriate balance between the sustaining and change agendas of an organization or program area. The workshop content will be a balanced mix of management theory, best practices, practical examples and exercises. In addition, each participant receives a workbook and bibliography of helpful references. You will have the opportunity to participate in practical exercises where you will learn techniques for building the foundations, and executing the processes, that will enhance progress towards performance results in your organizations. The workshop is highly interactive with frequent opportunities to review concepts and receive feedback. You are invited to bring samples of your frameworks and products for review by the instructor.
There are no prerequisites for this course
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This workshop will be of interest to:
- Executives and managers who wish to implement or improve their RBM environment
- Those working in management or program areas who wish to improve their knowledge of RBM theory and practices
- Those working in RBM functions who wish to challenge their thinking or be exposed to principles and practices that might enhance RMB in their organizations or programs.
- The Components of a Sound Results-Based Management (RBM) Environment
- When and How to Build Your Logic Model
- When and How to Build Your Strategy Map
- The Path to a Balanced Performance Story
- Balancing Your Sustaining and Change Agendas
- Setting Realistic and Ambitious Targets
- Implementing Ambitious Delivery Plans and Delivery Reports
- Integrating Risk and Performance
- Managing Effective Accountability Relationships