Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation (RH294) is designed for Linux® system administrators and developers who need to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration. You will learn how to install and configure Ansible® on a management workstation; prepare managed hosts for automation; write Ansible Playbooks to automate tasks; and run playbooks to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured. This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.8.
Pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is geared toward Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, infrastructure automation engineers, and systems design engineers who are responsible for these tasks:
- Automating configuration management
- Ensuring consistent and repeatable application deployment
- Provisioning and deployment of development, testing, and production servers
- Integrating with DevOps continuous integration/continuous delivery workflows
- Introduce Ansible
- Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
- Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
- Write a simple Ansible Playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
- Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
- Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
- Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
- Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
- Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
- Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
- Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.