This course is an intensive hands-on lab course in skills and methods critical to large-scale deployment and management of mission-critical Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. This course focuses on the use of the Red Hat Network, including the Red Hat Network Satellite Server as a deployment method, and the use of Virtualization technology as a key deployment tool. A substantial part of the class is dedicated to the use of Virtualization in deployment. Virtualization topics include: an overview of virtualization; installing, configuring, and managing virtual machines; understanding the hypervisor; virtual machine snapshots; network configuration with virtualization.
Students should have RHCE-level skills. A current RHCE certification is recommended, but not required.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is aimed at senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators and other IT professionals working in enterprise environments and mission-critical systems.
- Understanding Systems Management
- Provisioning using DHCP and PXE
- Installing a Red Hat Network Satellite Server
- Building RPMs
- Using CVS to Manage Configuration Files
- Managing the Red Hat Network Satellite Server
- Red Hat Network Management and Provisioning
- Red Hat Network Proxy Server
- Saving Kernel Crash Dumps
- Red Hat Virtualization Overview
- Virtual Machine Management
- Installing and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Hypervisor Details
- Virtualization Advanced Techniques