Students seeking training to prepare themselves for the RHCSA certification should attend this course. This course is taught in a rapid pace format designed to help quickly identify and fill gaps in system administration knowledge. Focus includes managing users and groups, software, printers, and local storage. It also includes an introduction to security, virtualization and the deployment of common network services.
Students should already have experience administering Linux systems and must be comfortable navigating the filesystem, editing files and running common commands from the shell.
5 Days/Lecture & Labs
Students seeking training to prepare themselves for the RHCSA certification should attend this course.
- Accessing the Command Line
- Managing Files from The Command Line
- Configure and Secure Openssh Service
- Managing Local Linux Users and Groups
- Controlling Access to Files with Linux File System Permissions
- Control Access to Files with FACLs
- Manage SELinux Security
- Installing and Updating Software Packages
- Controlling Services and Daemons
- Managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux Networking
- Analyzing and Storing Logs
- Managing Storage and File Systems
- Scheduling System Tasks
- Mounting Network File Systems
- Limiting Network Communication with Firewalld
- Virtualization and Kickstart
- Understand and Use Essential Tools
- Create, View And Edit Text Files
- Comprehensive Review Lab Tasks