Loading Course Schedule...
This course focuses on the high availability services of the JBoss Enterprise Middleware System (JEMS), including JGroups, JBoss Cache, load balancing, and more. This course fills a specialty training credit for the Middleware Track, and may be applied to the required number of training days for Certified JBoss Enterprise Middleware Expert and Certified JBoss Enterprise Middleware Master Architect levels. Students will learn JGroups and JBoss Cache for replication and fail-over, how to configure, tune and implement JGroups protocol stacks, how to leverage JBoss Cache in their own middleware application implementation and how to use and configure mod_jk for load balancing. The course also covers JBoss Application Server high availability services: HA-JNDI, HA-JMS and HA-singleton.
JBoss for Advanced J2EE Developers course. Experience using J2EE and other Java middleware technologies. Java programming experience. Basic TCP/IP. JTA, Transactions, Java concurrency EJB 2.1, JMS, reliable messaging technologies. Apache httpd exposure to mod_jk and/or mod_proxy. JBoss AS microkernel and JMX .
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Overview to JBoss Enterprise Middleware High Availability Services
- Reliable Multicasting with JGroups
- Protocol Stacks and Implementation
- JGroups Building Blocks and Troubleshooting
- JBoss Cache Overview and API
- Cache Loaders and Eviction Policies
- Cache Replication, Transactions and Isolation Levels
- JBoss Cache AOP Overview and API
- JBoss Cache AOP Implementation
- Web Tier Load Balancing and Failover
- EJB Load Balancing and Failover
- JBoss Enterprise Middleware Clustered Services
- JMS Failover and Load Balanced MDB