The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Update Course is designed for RHCT's and RHCEs with broad Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 or 4 experiences. It is intended to bring them up to date on the latest technologies now in the new Red Hat Enterprise Linux, version 5. The course offers the RHCE exam on Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5 on the fourth day.
Experience with RHCE is recommended. RHCT is acceptable, although some material will be advanced for holders of this certification. In addition, students should have broad experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 3 and/or 4.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Red Hat Certified Technicians (RHCTs), Red Hat Certified Engineers, developers, and others who wish to learn about new features in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- New Since Version 3
- Installation and System Initialization
- Package Management Using yum
- The Kernel Driver and Device Management
- New in Filesystem Management
- New in Networking
- SELinux Introduction and Overview of Changes
- Development Tools Update
- Introduction to Virtualization
- New RHCE Competencies in Version 5
- Version 3 to Version 5 Self-directed Labs