Business Analysis, Agile/Scrum & DevOps
This two-day course teaches the practices, terminology & and Lean-Agile principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Learn how to execute and release through Agile Release Trains, build an Agile Portfolio, and lead an enterprise transformation to Agility by leveraging SAFe. Attending this class will prepare you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Scaled Agilist (SA). You will learn the materials required to take the certified SAFe Agilist (SA) exam after the course is complete.
This course includes:
- 16 PDUs | 16 SEUs
- One year membership with Scaled Agile
- Two free books, estimation cards, and more
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Agilist (SA). The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
All attendees receive as many decks of Estimation Cards as they want! You're guaranteed at least 1 deck but the instructor often brings extra. Each deck includes four sets, therefore most Scrum teams need 2 or 3 decks. Feel free to ask for as many decks as you need.
All attendees receive a free electronic copy of Mishkin Berteig's book "Agile Advice". In addition, everyone gets one other book of their choice from our list of recommended reading. You will choose a book at the end of the course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is particularly suited to organizations where disrupting existing governance processes will be difficult or met with strong resistance. This course is designed for Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, VPs, and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative. Others who will find this course beneficial include Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management professionals, Product and Product Line Management, Portfolio Managers, PMO and Process Leads, and Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects.
Welcome and Introductions
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Embracing a Lean Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing Product Increment Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Building Really Big Systems
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise