At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how to create cross-location production plans, distribution resource plans, and procurement plans that take into account work center capacities, supplier capacities, and transportation capacities in SAP APO.
- Determine feasible stock transfers in the short-term horizon (deployment) and to group these into stock transfer orders.
- Business Processes in Planning (SAP SCM)
- Features and Functions of Demand Planning
- Integrated Supply Chain Modeling
- Demand Planning
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
Those who can benefit from this Supply Network Planning (APO-SNP) course include:
- Project Team members
- Key users responsible for creating and optimizing a cross-location supply chain including production, procurement, and distribution plans.
- Overview of Supply Chain Planning in SAP SCM (APO), Integration with Demand Planning (DP) and Production Planning (PP/DS)
- Overview of exchanging master and transaction data with SAP ECC
- Master data for supply network planning, interchangeability, and shelf life.
- Configuring Supply Network Planning and interactive planning using planning books and macros
- Introduction to the Planner Home Page (EhP 3)
- Collaborative Supply Planning (supplier and manufacturer exchange data over the Internet)
- Discussions about the different planning methods: Heuristic including capacity leveling, optimization, capable-to-match, and VMI
- Deployment: Implementing stock transport requisitions into manageable stock transport orders. Calculating and optimizing short-term replenishment plans for distribution centers and customers
- Transport Load Builder (TLB): Group stock transfers by threshold values for volumes, weight, and pallets