This intensive 5-day course has been designed to teach experienced IT Professionals the essential skills required to administrate a SharePoint 2013 environment. You will learn how to create a new SharePoint Server 2013 farm and to configure it by adding service applications, Web applications, site collections and sites. The course also explains the benefits and details involved with creating tenancies and site subscriptions to manage and configure a set of site collections. This course will teach students how to create and configure service applications and Web application by writing PowerShell scripts in addition to showing how it can be done by hand using Central Administration. Along the way students will learn about configuring services applications such as Business Data Connectivity Service, Manage Metadata Service, User Profile Service, MySites and the new unified SharePoint Search service. Students will additionally learn how to use the supported tools to monitor the health of a SharePoint farm as well as how to deploy and monitor custom business solutions including custom business applications that have been developed using the new SharePoint App Model. The course also includes a module discussing SharePoint 2013 support for backup and disaster recovering and a module, which examines how to migrate content from SharePoint 2010 to a new farm created with SharePoint 2013.
Attendees should have experience working as an IT professional in a Windows network environment and be familiar with installing and configuring Windows Server 2008, Active Directory and SQL Server. It is recommended (but not required) that attendees have user-level experience with any version SharePoint.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT Professionals/Administrators.
- Getting Started with SharePoint 2013
- Installing SharePoint 2013
- Topology and Farm Configuration
- Configuring Security and User Authentication
- Creating and Configuring Web Applications
- Managing Site Collections and Tenacies
- Business Connectivity Services
- The Managed Metadata Service
- Configuring the User Profile Service
- Configuring Search in SharePoint Server 2013
- Health Monitoring and Optimization
- Planning for Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery
- Upgrading Content from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013